The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A careless driver hit their car. Their son will take months to fully recover. Yet they can’t collect for pain and suffering.

Why? They didn’t have full tort insurance.

Do you? If you don’t, you’re at risk.

You and your family need full insurance protection. What an insurance company may call “full protection” is not always full protection.

Insist on full tort:
It gives you the unlimited right to sue for pain and suffering. Limited tort can limit this right.

Insist on uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance:
They protect you even if you are in an accident with a driver who isn’t insured or is poorly insured.

You don’t have full protection if you don’t have both kinds of insurance:
Full tort and uninsured/underinsured motorist work together to give you complete protection.

What happens if you don’t have full insurance protection?

You can’t collect when uninsured drivers hit you:
Drunk and careless drivers are everywhere in Philadelphia. At least one in four drivers doesn’t have any insurance. If you don’t have uninsured motorist insurance, you could end up paying for catastrophic injuries.

You lose the right to collect:
Limited tort restricts your rights to collect for personal injuries.

You and your family are at risk in your car:
Shouldn’t your family members also have the right to collect? Under limited tort, they can’t.

You and your family are at risk in someone else’s car:
Your limited tort will keep your children from being able to collect, even when they’re in a car driven by someone else who has full tort.

You’re at risk if you don’t have both full tort and uninsured/underinsured motorist:
Even with full tort, you don’t have uninsured/underinsured motorist unless you insist on that, too.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest